Women bodies come in different shapes and sizes.
So, what are these different women body shapes?
In general, there are 5 most common women body types, namely: hourglass body shape, inverted triangle body shape, rectangle body shape, round body shape and pear body shape.
As you may have noticed, the clothes that flatter you best is highly dependent on the body type you have.
So, before you know what clothes to buy and which styles look best on you, you’ll need to know which body type you belong to.
Read on to find out more about the characteristics of each women body type. And from there, determine the body type/body shape you belong to.
5 Most Common Female Body Shapes
1) Hourglass body shape
- shoulders and hips are about the same width/measurements
- the waist is narrower than your hips and bust
- in short, you have a more well-defined waist
- your legs and upper body are proportionate
- your shoulders may be slightly round
2) Pear body shape/ Spoon body shape
- shoulders and bust are narrower than your hips
- you have a fairly well-defined waist that slopes out to your hips
- slim arms and shoulders
- your weight is distributed more in your bottom area and legs
3) Inverted triangle body shape
- shoulders and bust are broader than your hips
- your waist is not well defined
- you are not curvy through your hips
4) Round body shape
- Generally speaking, your bust is larger than the rest of your body
- you have a fuller bust and a fuller midsection
- narrower hips or flat buttocks
- you tend to gain more weight at your stomach, back and upper body
- you own slender legs
READ: How to dress for round shaped body (apple shaped body) and our list of must-try outfits for apple body shape
5) Rectangle body shape
- your waist is about the same width/measurements as your hips and bust
- you are not particularly curvy,
- not so well-defined waist
Again, everybody is beautiful. When it comes to looking good, it’s not your size or shape that matters, it’s the fit of your clothes.
Hence, with this in mind, when choosing clothes that flatter you the most, you shouldn’t always follow the latest fashion trends blindly.
Instead, you should try to choose the style and cut that are most suitable for your body shape.
In our next post, we will discuss the dressing tips for each women body types. Stay tuned and see you soon!